Mersey Tunnel Tours
As well as learning about the construction of the tunnel, you will walk round the unique Grade II listed Art Deco George's Dock Building to visit the original control room, see giant ventilation fans in action and go down to watch the traffic in the tunnel, deep below the city streets.
Tour Details and Restrictions
Starting at George's Dock Building, tours take place on Tuesday and Thursday evenings at 5pm and Saturday mornings at 10am, the tour will take approx two hours.
To ensure our guests get the best experience with our guides, the tours are limited to small numbers of people on each tour.
- Unfortunately, only children over 10 years of age are allowed on the tour.
- The tour involves many steps and is therefore unsuitable for anybody with breathing, mobility or sight difficulties. It is also inadvisable for people in the advanced stages of pregnancy.
- The tour can be a little cool and dirty in places so please wear appropriate clothing and footwear.
- We reserve the right to move or cancel your booking if minimum numbers are not reached for the tour or the tour cannot take place for operational reasons. We will contact you prior to the tour if this is the case.
- The Guides reserve the right on the day to refuse entry to anyone they feel for Health & Safety reasons is unsuitable to do the tour – this may be on the grounds of mobility or intoxication.
We have discounts available for Groups of 12 or more.
To make a group booking email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0151 330 1004